I saw this picture online a few weeks ago from Sunset Magazine. And fell in love with the headboard of the bed. I thought, hey, maybe we could re-create this? I have been wanting something to replace the canvas that Christopher and I painted in the living room for a while now (haha). But art can be expensive. So we thought we would give this little project a try.
We had a HUGE mirror left over from our master bathroom re-do a few weeks ago that has just been sitting in our closet. Time to put it to use again.
Here is our "blueprint." Honestly, getting the measurements even was probably the hardest part. My husband majored in MATH in college. And I am ok with numbers. But it was still tricky trying to get everything to work out right.
Fortunately, we have a sweet baby girl who likes to help with all of our home projects. Ashlyn is a genius with the calculator. She helped us get all the measurements figured out in no time.
And here she is is "helping" again with her ruler and yardstick.
Once we got everything measured, we drew it on the mirror with a dry erase marker. This actually turned out to be a good and bad idea at the same time. Good because we had to erase and start over several times. Bad because we have a 14 month old. Who likes to walk around in socks. You get the idea.
Once we finally got our design drawn on the mirror, it was time to start cutting the million pieces of
And here it is laid out. I think I like it so far. Stay tuned for part two...which will in involve some spray paint, adding a frame, and hanging it up. We will see how this little project turns out...I will still post pictures even if it ends up not looking great.