We have been looking for chairs to provide some extra seating in my office. Found this cute little pair at His House for $25. They were pretty disgusting. And the seats were covered in plastic. Can we say 1973?
After we got the gross plastic and fabric off, we just recoved the cushions using a staple gun.
I did not sand. Just two coats of primer. I sometimes think sanding is a waste of time :) I am sure some people would disagree but when you are working in a two hour window (afternoon nap), you save time where you can.
Paint color ended up being a mix of: current office color (Ashes by Behr), a random bit of leftover black satin paint, and a bottle of gunmetal gray acrylic paint.
Of course Miss Ashlyn decided to wake up just as I was doing the final coat. She had her own brush and "paint" to help keep her occupied.
I had to put the chairs on the table to finish painting them because of an extremely curious 15 month old.
And the finished product! Yay for 2 new chairs!