Here are the chairs and table all put together (because we all know that nothing from IKEA comes pre-assembled...I mean, that's half the fun, right?).
We added a coat of leftover gray paint that I had mixed up from the office chairs we recently painted.
For the seat covers, I used the leftover fabric from the chairs in my office. Isn't it so cute that Ashlyn and I have matching chairs now??? Haha.
Ironed the fabric into a neat little square to cover the seat...
...and hot glued it on. It is pretty secure right now...we will see how long it lasts with an almost 16 month old. But at least it will be easy to change out. And we can always just take it off.
We put about 4 coats of chalkboard paint on the tabletop. I am on the lookout for dust free chalk (I have heard that it actually does exists) and then I think I would feel better about letting her draw on the table without making a tremendous mess.
Ashlyn loves it. Of course, she would have been just as happy if we had left it alone. But it makes her mom & dad happy to have a project to work on that only cost $20 since we already had the other materials that we used.