As I mentioned in my last post, Christopher and I are making a few changes in the kitchen. The first project on our list was to add height to the kitchen cabinets and extend them to the ceiling.
We started off by finding studs in the ceiling and nailing in several pieces of scrap wood squares for support.
12" wide strips of MDF nailed to the wood squares in the ceiling.
Then came the molding along the top.
A few coats of primer.
The original plan was to leave it white. But it just look a little washed out once it was all painted white. So we went with leftover gray paint that was sitting in the garage (Ashes by Behr - same color as in the office). We are going to re-paint the kitchen - I am thinking a lighter shade of this paint.
And excuse the backsplash disaster going on below. We removed the original tiles and are going to change it up a bit once the counters are replaced.
Here's to checking off project #1. Happy Sunday!